Pages

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Birth - A Man's Perspective (FINAL Part)

I can hear your applause from my house.  It sounds like the RBC center when the refs finally call a foul on UNC.  I told you way back that you didn't have to read the whole thing.  It's your own fault you've wasted all this time reading my thoughts about Zac's birth.  Ha, that's how I got you into this whole thing, telling you it was about his birth and then proceeding to write about everything from conception to whatever is included in this final post. 

"Get on it with already!"  sorry...

How to wrap it up?  If I haven't mentioned it already, take a birthing class.  Take a birthing class!  We highly recommend The Bradley Method.  Looking back I can't imagine how anyone goes into labor and delivery without some sort of extended class ahead of time.  It made all the difference in the world for our experience.  I can't believe it's been a year and a few months since we found out Tiffany was pregnant.  Life is already going by so fast.  Zac is 6 months old and doing amazing!  I love him so much as I can tell Tiffany does too.  He's so funny, animated and has an awesome personality.  Usually having high expectations creates disappointment.  But having a son has been better than I could have ever imagined.  I love it!  I can't wait to start teaching him things.  To teach him to like things I like and to find out what he likes.  To see myself in him and to see differences in him.  God creates us all with a purpose and with likes and dislikes.  I really like a lot of things I do, but I think God created me to be a Dad.  I think everyone should have kids if God gives them the ability, but I really think He gave me an extra desire to be a Dad (see below for how many kids we want).  It took so many posts to get just this stuff out, and I left out so much I could have said.  I wish you could see it in video format! :)  (That doesn't exist by the way).  But you still barely have a glimpse of the emotions and everything we experienced during this. 

Well, I guess I will leave you with that.  I also must mention, Tiffany was nothing like what I hear pregnant women are like.  She had no weird cravings in the middle of the night.  I never had to make a run to McDonald's at 2 am.  It was pretty much normal living with her when she was pregnant.  I guess I'm lucky.  And during delivery, there was no "YOU DID THIS TO ME" or anything.  It was really a great experience.

That is all for now.  We still plan to have 3-4 more children at this point.  So you can stay tuned.  After all, I will have to write 6 blog posts for each of them, or else they will feel less loved because we were less excited about them, or love them less because they weren't the first child.  :)  Thanks for reading, I have enjoyed sharing it.

No comments: