Pages

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Question to Ponder...

First off, I'd like to post slightly more frequently but with 2 jobs, 12 hours of school and a 2.5 month old marriage to work on I don't have a whole lot of free time.

In my journalism class today we were discussing Official vs Un-Official Language. Official such as billboards and signs. Or a plaque (Spelling?) hanging outside that was posted by the government. This does not describe every type of Official language but it's good enough for this post. And un-official language such as graffiti. While trying to define official and un-official language (this is reason I don't have a good definition, we aren't quite sure what they are, or I'm not anyway) the teacher asked the question, "What is the purpose of society?" He then followed that by asking, "What is the purpose of life?" The first thing my mind thought was to worship and glorify the God that created us. A student across the room said, "To live, thrive and survive." What a hopeless reason for existing. Then, as I quit paying attention to the discussion, my mind thought about what it would be like if every student in the classroom knew our purpose was to Worship and Glorify the God that created us.

If every student in my Visual Communication class, my international accounting class, my accounting theory class and my corporate finance class and the teachers as well knew that our purpose was to love our God with all hearts, minds and souls, to worship Him and to glorify Him, what would my classes consist of? How different would my curriculum be? Of course there would still be a need for accounting, but how differently would the classes and the workforce look if all understood and believed in this Truth?

No comments: