Pages

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Then I Shall Know Fully

1 Corinthians 13: Love never ends. As for prophecies, they will pass away; as for tongues, they will cease; as for knowledge, it will pass away. 9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10 but when the perfect comes, the partial will pass away.11 When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I gave up childish ways. 12 For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I have been fully known.


I'll keep this short and let the verse and pictures say most of it.  We don't see things clearly now.  So many applications for this.  I will use life as a whole.  There are so many questions our heavenly Father has not answered for us.  So many times we don't know how He's doing something, or why He's doing it or even if He is doing anything at all.  But it's helpful to remember that we don't see everything now.  And without a clear view, we don't understand everything now either.  We're left with the choice of rejecting Him in anger or trusting Him because of this.




Most of life is probably spent like this first picture.  We simply don't know as much as we'd like (or as much as we think we do) about life and reality.
If we are lucky, and in varying degrees, as we age we get a little bit more focus.  As we understand more about our selves, our Creator and the Word that He has given us we get more of the picture, but we never get full clarity here.


What we all long for is clarity and understanding.  FULL knowledge of what truth is and what reality is and who we are.  We long for something we will never obtain until we see Jesus face to face.  It makes life frustrating.  But our Father has given us enough.  And so we wait, long, hope for more.  We won't be disappointed.




No comments: