Pages

Monday, October 16, 2006

Thoughts of the Day - From 10/13/2006

"Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness, his upper rooms by injustice." -Jeremiah 22:13

Lord, I pray my life would be built on righteousness and justice.

"We ought always to thank God for you, brothers" - 2 Thess. 1:3
"Among God's churches we boast about your perseverence and faith in all the persecutions and trials you are enduring" -2 Thess. 1:4

Lord, may I boast in your riches and glories and how you move in my brothers' and sisters' lives, not in how great and wonderful I am. That I would remember to thank you always for my fellow heirs in Christ.

"God is just: He will pay back trouble to those who trouble you"
-2 Thess. 1:6

Thank you Lord for being just; revenge is not ours, but yours- we are commanded to love everyone.

"With one mind they plot together; they form an alliance against you." - Psalm 83:3

Lord, the enemy is prepared and has a well thought plan - may we as your children not be lazy but better prepared and equipped than the enemy!

"Like an earring of gold or an ornament of fine gold is a wise man's rebuke to a listening ear" - Proverbs 25:12

Lord, make me open to rebuke, from wise men, and not defensive. That I might learn and grow closer to the God of the universe.

"...but the one who sows to the Spirit will from the Spirit reap eternal life" - Galations 6:8
"Let us not lose heart in doing good, for in due time we will reap if we do not grow weary." -Galations 6:9

Give me the strength to not grow weary Lord!

Amen.

No comments: