Pages

Monday, October 16, 2006

Life & Thoughts from 10/15/2006

I don't really like doing homework and I often times find that it has nothing to do with my Christian walk. I like accounting and want to pursue it as my career, however, I want to be a Christian first and an accountant second. Some of my coursework, even in accounting classes, is not very vital in regards to my career. Shocking I know... most of you have experienced this in a class or two I'm sure. I get frustrated and quickly abandon all that I know to be true of how I should act and think as a Christian. Christianity is not simply putting on the show and doing all the outward works that give evidence to being filled with the Holy Spirit. It's about how we react privately... this is who we truly are anyway right? It's about being so satisfied in Christ and in love with the Lord that nothing else matters but Him and His work. Conclusion: When frustrated with school work my satisfaction in the Lord should overpower my frustration. However, I'm not perfect, I curse my school work, I confess and I try to stay in control of my emotions better the next time. That's repentance in association with sanctification... the daily process of becoming more like Christ. "God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him" - John Piper... God is NOT most glorified in us when we are most satisfied. He is most glorified is us when we are most satisfied IN HIM! Despite our health, our emotions, our circumstances, our wealth... we are to be satisfied in Christ... which shouldn't be too difficult given all that he has blessed us with as his children... forgiveness of our sin (before we asked for it), the Holy Spirit to empower and strengthen us, a personal relationship with our Creator and eternal life to spent in the presence of our Lord... just to mention a few. So when He chooses not to bless us with worldly blessings we turn against Him and say "Why me?" when we should eagerly await the day when our suffering will end and we'll be with the Father for all eternity!

"Be still, and know that I am God;
I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth."

-Psalm 46:10

No comments: